CBSE or GSEB ?
Many Parents are confused about selecting the education board for their kids. Especially while selecting the school for KG or First grader they often face million dollar question: “Should we consider CBSE or GSEB ?
There are some strong points for considering CBSE “Central Board of Secondary Education” .
- One of the biggest reasons for considering CBSE is that the syllabus of CBSE is quite advance and comprehensive compared to GSEB.
- The students have much better chance of competing at national level competitive exams if she has studied in CBSE rather than GSEB or state board.
- The learning approach is more likely research and analytical rather than traditional learning through repetitive learning technique. CBSE syllabus incorporates modern learning techniques.
- The medium of instruction is either English or Hindi (Mostly English).
- CBSE Schools do not offer Gujarati as a medium of instruction, however Gujarati is one of the second languages in most CBSE Schools located in Gujarat.
- The same syllabus is followed in all the CBSE schools in India, so your child can compete with other CBSE students at national level.
- CBSE All India Senior School Certificate Examination for Class 12 is widely recognized internationally for direct admission to university undergraduate courses.
- CBSE also conducts the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) which is the entrance examination on all-India basis for admission to engineering and architecture programmes in India. Also Pre-medical and Pre-dental Tests AIPMT (PMT/PDT) are conducted for medical and dental colleges after the 10+2 exams.
- Last but not least CBSE Schools are based in all over India so no matter which state you move the syllabus will be the same.
The GSEB “Gujarat Secondary Education Board” school system has some pros too.
- The Biggest reason is number of seats available in Colleges and Universities in Gujarat State are more as compared to CBSE.
- Also Gujarat Board is in process of upgrading the math and science syllabus equivalent to CBSE which means that GSEB students will be at par with CBSE students when competing at entrance exams. However how far Gujarat board is in implementing this new syllabus and when, that is uncertain.
- The medium of Instruction is either Gujarati or English.
- GBSE is from Gujarat Board so it is not situated all over India.
CBSE or GSEB ,